You are welcome to comment on any The Swans Blog article. By doing so, you agree our comment policy.
- You are responsible for the content of your comment. The Swans Blog cannot moderate comments 24 hours a day.
- Debate is welcome, as are differences of opinion, but personal abuse of The Swans Blog authors, or other commentators, will not be tolerated. Such comments will be deleted. If you can’t make your point without resorting to abuse then you will be blocked from commenting.
- Keep comments on topic
- We reserve the right to edit and/or delete comments as we see fit, or are required to for legal or ethical reasons
- You agree to comment English. Comments in other languages, or containing excessive short hand (lol, ur, u etc.) will be removed.
- We reserve the right to block your ability to post comments as we see fit
- You may post links to other articles, to your own blog or community where the links are relevant to the post. Any other link will be deemed as spam and deleted. If you regularly break this rule, we will block you.
- Swearing is OK, but keep it PG. Any such comments that contain excessive, insulting or degrading swearing, or contain abusive, racist, sexist or homophobic language, or the word 'rape' in any context will be removed and repeated offenders will be blocked.
- We do not tolerate trolling at all, you have been warned.
- If your comment is awaiting moderation, please be patient.
We don't want to have to moderate every comment that is posted on the website. So please play nice.
We use Facebook as our comment platform. Please be mindful that your public details are on display when you use Facebook, and any comment that you post on the website will be cross-posted on to the Facebook blog page. If you are blocked on the Facebook blog page, you will not be able to comment on the website.
If you are not happy with another persons comment, you can mark it as spam, or block the user. Please use report sparingly for a legitimately poor comment. You can always contact us directly by email or on our Facebook page using Messenger.
This policy may be updated from time to time. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of the latest version.
Updated Wed Oct 4th, 2017